This privacy notice is to let you know how Jeremy’s (Jeremy’s Limited) looks after your personal data. This policy outlines how we aim to achieve this and includes the information collected when: (and see - how do we collect information from you)
You use our website (www.jeremysresrestaurant.co.uk)
- You make a booking on our website
- You make enquiries on our website
- You opt-in to receive our email newsletter
- Someone is interested in working with us
We, at Jeremy’s, are committed to protecting your privacy, in accordance to UK/EU data protection legislation.
- To keep you data secure and private
- Not to sell your data or share with any third parties
- To give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices, at any time.
- The Data Protection law changes on 25 May 2018.
Personal data means any data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly/indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give us.
By providing your personal data, you agree that we can use your personal data in accordance with this policy. Please ensure that you understand this policy and take the time to read it.
We may collect personal data relating to you including, but not limited to:
- Title, name and date of birth
- Nationality, gender ethnic origin
- Postal address (home and/or work), email address, telephone number, credit or other card payment details
- Dietary requirements
- Copies of proof of address/proof of identity
- Any financial records - such as financial status and billing information
- Your use of social media - ie. that identifies you, such as Twitter handles, etc.
- Information collected independently by online advertising networks – for example Google, when we place advertisements. The information we get can vary from network to network. It often summarises the actions of lots of people and so does not enables us to identify individuals, rather it shows your actions – viewing/what you click on/access through websites and their network
How do we collect information from you?
- When you make a booking
- When you visit the restaurant/cafe (preferences, allergies, etc)
- When you make an enquiry
- When you sign up to marketing emails and birthday/anniversary promotions
- When you access our sites:
- There is “Device Information” about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Jeremy’s Restaurant. This information can include:
device type (e.g. mobile, computer, laptop, tablet
browser information (e.g., type, language, and history)
referring website addresses
other data about your device to provide the services as otherwise described in this policy.
You may submit your CV if you’re interested in working for us to firstname.lastname@example.org. This information may include:
- Personal details
- Employment details
- Salary history
- Other relevant details
We will use this information to assess your application. We may also keep it in our records for future reference. Please get in contact if you would no longer like us to hold your records at: email@example.com.
If you use our website, we may receive your generic location (such as city or neighbourhood).
How we use your personal data
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary to complete a booking, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g by subscribing to emails) or because it is in our legitimate interests.
We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To verify and check your details and for internal record keeping
- To contact you by post, email, text, telephone, social media or other ways to inform you about existing or future services, products, offers, incentives or services, products and communications
- To send marketing communications if you have opted-in to receive them.
- To gather feedback from you about our services, websites and activities, from time to time
- To maintain administrative and statutory records about our business
- The police, local authorities, HMRC, the Courts, any other central or local government bodies where they may request it and we may lawfully disclose it, for instance in the prevention and detection of crime
Who has access to your data?
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties. Any personal information we request from you will be safeguarded under current legislation.
We will only share your information with companies if necessary to deliver services on our behalf. For example service providers (e.g. ResDiary for the provision of online bookings), third-party payment processors, and other third parties to provide our Sites and fulfil your requests, and as otherwise consented to by you or as permitted by applicable law.
Marketing opt-in and opt-out
When you register to receive our email newsletter, you are accepting to receive emails from Jeremy’s (Jeremy’s Restaurant Limited) and its affiliates (Cafe Elvira).
If at any time, you feel that you no longer want to hear from us, you can unsubscribe at any time in any of the following ways:
- Call us – 01444 441102
- Email us – firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title Unsubscribe
- By clicking unsubscribe in our email newsletter
Please allow up to 48 hours for your data to be removed from our data base
How long do we keep your information?
We can only keep your information for as long as necessary for the purposes of the above. This restriction is set out by the Data Protection Act.
We are committed to the privacy and security of the information you have provided us with, and in accordance with the UK/EU data protection legislation.
Where do we store data?
We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our site. For reservations through ResDiary software, your data will only be stored in the UK. ResDiary data is stored securely in data centres managed by Rackspace.
Updates to this policy
We will need to update this policy from time to time as our business changes. We will strive to tell you by sending a message if we hold your email data. Otherwise, look out for updates on our website and materials that indicate policy changes. If you continue to use our services after we have changed our policy, we will take it that you have accepted the changes.
What happens if our business changes hands?
We may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of our business. Any personal data that you have provided will, where it is relevant to any part of our business that is being transferred, be transferred along with that part. The new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this privacy promise, be permitted to use that data only for the same purposes for which it was originally collected by us.
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. You will be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server which allows the website to recognise you when you visit. Cookies only collect data about browsing actions and patterns, and do not identify you as an individual. Click here for more information.
Please take care of your own information. For security tips and tricks when using the internet, WIFI and smartphones or tables, please check out www.getsafeonline.org.
"The world on your plate in the heart of Sussex"