Return to the terrace from April 15
Available Thursday to Sunday lunchtimes between April 15 and May 16, 12.30pm to 3pm
Canapé and bread
Daily canapé and homemade bread
- Potted crab, baby gem, pea shoot, lemon, tapioca crisp £12
- Chicken and ham hock terrine, radish, pickled shimeji mushroom, spring shoot £12
- Jersey Royal salad, kombu mayo, quail egg, chives, sheep’s cheese (v) £10
- Roasted turbot, ratatouille, pine nut crust, couscous, wild garlic sauce £24
- Smoked duck breast, middle Eastern braised leg, bulgar wheat, orange, golden beetroot £24
- Oven-baked asparagus, gnocchi, grilled spring onions, feta, almond (v) £19
- White chocolate bavarois, passion fruit, mango, pistachio £8
- Angelica, rhubarb and vanilla rice pudding, toasted almonds £8
- Sticky toffee pudding, toffee sauce £8
- Individual cheese board, crackers, chutney, grapes £11
- Slow-cooked shoulder of lamb with garlic and rosemary, mint sauce, roast potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower cheese, glazed carrots, spring greens £18
- Roast pork belly, apple sauce, roast potatoes,broccoli and cauliflower cheese, glazed carrots, spring greens £18
A discretionary service charge of 12.5% will be added to your bill
All fine dining and café - click here to see café garden menu - bookings will need to be ordered a minimum of 24 hours in advance. However, should the weather take a turn for the worse, and our diners are unable to enjoy their meal outside, we will contact you and ask that your pre-paid orders are taken home as takeaways.
We trust that you will understand because of the constraints of Covid regulations and the vagaries of our climate, that this is the only practical way in which we can operate to provide the service you would expect and to give some certainty to us in terms of staffing and ensuring that we can manage ingredient purchasing correctly.
Subject to the "Rule of 6 or maximum 2 households."
"The world on your plate in the heart of Sussex"